Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Guatemala Update

I have been in Guatemala for just over a week so far. Last week I was studying Spanish at Christian Spanish Academy in Antigua, Guatemala. It has been a tremendous trip. I took my test for grade B and am into Grade C now. I'm super excited to think about preaching in Spanish soon.

On Monday a team of 29 students from Minnesota flew down to work with us. The past few days we have been diligently preparing for some incredible school assemblies here in Guatemala. Today we did an assembly in an orphanage for a couple of hundred students. There was a great response as many students responded to the message and the drama's. Tomorrow and Thursday we will be doing three schools each day, speaking to over 2,000 students. I am thrilled at the opportunity before us. I know that we will see hundreds come to know Christ.

Here are a few pictures from the Orphanage today...


No comments: